Tuesday, October 14, 2008

happy one year to me!

October 15th marks my ONE YEAR anniversary of being the ARC at NCU.

Nothing could have prepared me for the emotions I've experienced over the last 12 months.
I've felt many things - some of them brand new and foreign while others are more familiar.

broken (at my wits end, crying out for help)
confident (being with words)
quiet (being without words)
bold (speaking Truth)
angry (being wronged, seeing others be wronged, etc)
disrespected (I'd rather not talk about it)
peaceful (surrendering control to God)
weary (it's been so... hard.)
satisfied (sometimes, things feel like they are in place)
repentant (I've messed up a lot)
shaker (shaking things up in the Res Life realm)
seeking (more of the Holy Spirit)
downtrodden (wrapped up in all the 'downs' of the year)
desirable (sounds weird, but it's true... someone wants to be with me, and it feels SO good!)

God,
This year is already different than last.
You know what I can give and you know what I need.
I'm glad you understand each of my feelings.

(More to come, soon.)

No comments: