Friday, October 31, 2008

Awe

I wept in chapel today.
Full on wept.

It's been a while since I've cried during worship. Sometimes I cry if I'm upset about something, but it's really been a while since I've wept simply because I'm moved to tears.

So in awe of God.

"Arms high and heart abandoned"
"We're singing for the glory of the risen King"

So mindful of the praise He deserves.
Overcome with emotion by the beautiful sound of student's voices.
I choked back tears and had to stop singing.
I listened.
Warm tears dripped down my cheeks and neck.
Rather than wipe them away, I let them fall.
There was something so freeing about feeling their wetness on my face.

One of my RAs stood next to me and she put her arm on my back. I hugged her close.
And just stood there.
Worshiping.

"My God is mighty to save. He is mighty to save."
"My Lord has conquered the grave."

No comments: