Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Why can't it be Friday?

Is today only Tuesday? You'd think I was a college student anxious for Spring Break...

Today, even more-so than other days, I was anxious to kick off my heels and pull on my sweats. Days like today, I'm also reminded of how thankful I am for the school cafeteria - just steps down the hall from my apartment. Though not always pleased with the quality of the food, I am completely delighted with its accessibility. I really am spoiled by no grocery shopping, no prepping, and no cleanup-ing.

Isn't it strange how sitting for so long actually makes you tired and just makes you want to sit even more? I've sat through 14 hours of interviews in the past 2 days. I was tired of sitting at 5:45pm and now all I want to do is sit some more.

We're deep into the Student Leader selection process for next year and it's very different to be on this side of the decision-making. I'm thrilled that there are 15 students applying to be RAs, as opposed to only 5 last year - it does, however, make for some difficult decisions.

I could use prayer for wisdom and discernment. Final selections will be made Friday!

In other news...I'm sad to report that only Poppet has survived. The other 2 chickies died a mysterious death and are buried in a small box outside my back door. I even topped the dirt mound with three pink flowers (I plucked them from a nearby bush).

No comments: