Thursday, March 13, 2008

Nails

"Are you sabbath-ing?"
In an effort to hold me accountable to my day off (every Thursday), a couple students have committed to checking up on me, which has also turned the word "Sabbath" into a verb. :)

I need the accountability - I snuck into the office today for an hour. Though I was extremely productive, I was advised to leave as quickly as possible and take care of myself.

So, I treated myself to a manicure and pedicure.
Most of the time, I neglect my hands and feet. Besides, the smattering sunny weather inspires me to wear sandals.

I'm reminded why I don't frequent nail salons:
  • It's expensive.
  • It reeks of polish and remover.
  • Hollywood's "Inside Scoop" blasted from the tiny television, spilling gossip about Angelina & Brad's 5th baby, the recent Spitzer scandal, and other useless 'public' knowledge about other people's private business
  • I actually don't like the way my fingernails look when they are painted. (But the massage-part is always worth it)
  • The owner's much-too-small dog (can I even call it a dog?) was wearing a red sweater and roamed freely.
  • I always get asked by the salon girls if there is "someone special" in my life. When I say "no," they usually say something like "Well, you're just so sweet. Don't worry about it, dear."
Regardless of the experience, my feet are ready, even if it's not quite sandal weather.

No comments: