In an effort to hold me accountable to my day off (every Thursday), a couple students have committed to checking up on me, which has also turned the word "Sabbath" into a verb. :)
I need the accountability - I snuck into the office today for an hour. Though I was extremely productive, I was advised to leave as quickly as possible and take care of myself.
So, I treated myself to a manicure and pedicure.
Most of the time, I neglect my hands and feet. Besides, the smattering sunny weather inspires me to wear sandals.
I'm reminded why I don't frequent nail salons:
- It's expensive.
- It reeks of polish and remover.
- Hollywood's "Inside Scoop" blasted from the tiny television, spilling gossip about Angelina & Brad's 5th baby, the recent Spitzer scandal, and other useless 'public' knowledge about other people's private business
- I actually don't like the way my fingernails look when they are painted. (But the massage-part is always worth it)
- The owner's much-too-small dog (can I even call it a dog?) was wearing a red sweater and roamed freely.
- I always get asked by the salon girls if there is "someone special" in my life. When I say "no," they usually say something like "Well, you're just so sweet. Don't worry about it, dear."