Sunday, November 11, 2007

13 freshmen boys & ice cream

I knew I was going to have ice cream with the freshmen class Friday night as part of my 'supervisor responsibilities'. I did not know I would be the only lady with 13 freshmen boys.

I sat at the Pearl Street Ice Cream Parlor attempting to carry on a conversation with these young men. Some were less awkward than others. (Only one glass of water tipped over.)

By the time I had eaten one of my double scoops of mint chocolate chip, they had already finished enormous floats, shakes, and triple-scoop sundaes, hungry for more.

Oh, to be have been a freshman girl for the evening...

2 comments:

ryan said...

so awesome! recently, my student rachel asked me to go to everland (like small disneyland) with her and the girls from the class. i hope it works out. i think it would be so fun to chaperon a bunch of 11 year old girls at an amusement park. but if i was an 11 year old boy, i'd probably be throwing rocks or at least rotten cherries at them... not that i've ever actually... well, sorta... ummm... done that before... anyway, how's the weather?

Chrislyn said...

i am sooo jealous! so jealous, in fact, that i am having a floor full of freshmen boys over for dinner tomorrow :) one of them might be ryan's brother...