Saturday, August 11, 2007

a chocolate craving

Charlie slowly unwrapped his Wonka chocolate bar, his eyes grew wide with excitement as he pulled back a GOLD wrapper... the 5th winning ticket for a tour of the Chocolate Factory! The crowd erupted in cheers and applause.

Movies are much more entertaining when viewed with an interactive crowd. There were kids dancing like Oompa Loompas, improv karaoke (thanks to closed captioning), and even a man in Wonka-garb handing out candy - all in downtown Portland and entirely free.

I should be sleeping, but the enjoyment from the movie and the stillness of my new apartment are keeping me up, my thoughts running rampant. I know I'll fall right asleep the minute my head meets my pillow, I just haven't made it there yet.

I neeeeeeeeed a job. It's painful to look elsewhere when I have my heart set on one.

I know God has my best interests in mind. If it's not this job, then it IS something better. Sprawled out on the carpet, head in my hands, tears streaming down my face, the literal cry of my heart is "why is it so hard for me to trust you, God?!"

I want some chocolate.

1 comment:

ryan said...

i'm glad to see a knew post. may God bless you with the desires of your heart.