Saturday, January 16, 2010

Blog Facelift

It's been 3 years since I left for Bolivia, which means it's been 3 years since I ate my first chuno, developed a heart for women who prostitute, and wrote my first blog.

Bolivia will forever be burned in my heart and mind as I continue to think about and share about those 4 months, and yet, it's time for a change.

I think I've been ready for some 'newness' for a while and I'm finally acting on it. A new look, a new direction, a new perspective. Considering all the newness of the past year, a new name seems fitting, in more ways than one.

I'm not completely satisfied with the title: "The Bricknells," except that it really is as simple as that. It's just me and Paul, day in and day out, serving together, doing life together, processing together. I don't think Paul will actually ever write a blog on here, but I'm sure I'll be sharing his thoughts and stories with you from my perspective. (He really is quite inspiring and deep, even with that unmistakable smirk of his.) I am the one who spends much more time "social-networking," anyway.

If you have any other suggestions for a blog title, I'm open!

No comments: