Thursday, February 21, 2008

Plastic Cards and Plastic Shoes

In an effort to escape campus and snap out of my mid-afternoon groggy state after a 2 hour nap, I went to the mall.

Shopping doesn't have the same appeal as it used to. For some, it's relaxing and enjoyable. More me, it's overwhelming and exhausting. On the rare occasion I fork over my gray plastic card, and almost immediately think about my credit card bill... and my friends all over the world who can't afford a white chocolate mocha or a new sweater. Sweet tension.

As I was browsing, I came across a display of Jelly Sandals - the ones that were in style when I was 13. I remember receiving two pairs as a birthday present in middle school. One was clear and sparklie - the other was bright pink. Both reeked unpleasantly of stinky plastic. I don't remember ever loving them, yet they were "fashionable" so I wore them a lot and my feet perpetually stunk.

I was tempted to purchase a pair today.

Just kidding. :)

1 comment:

katie said...

You and I both know why you didn't buy a pair today... you already have some headed your way at some point ;)