Sunday, January 6, 2008

Nonetheless

I just got off the phone with my dad and we talked about how cold it is. There is snow in Grants Pass and the forecast for Eugene predicts a smokin' 37 degrees tomorrow. I cranked the heat in my apartment, wrapped myself in my favorite blanket, and dished up some ice cream. I doubt I'll ever be too cold to eat ice cream. Especially not Moose Tracks with peanut butter cups and fudge ripples. Nonetheless, I'm shivering and wrapping myself tighter in my blanket.

My apartment is a disaster - my floor is covered with newspaper, paint brushes, oil pastels and picture frames. Nonetheless, my art projects over the course of the last few days have brought me much joy, rest, and therapy.

I got my haircut today. I even got a mini head massage and a delightful 'conditioning treatment' which I was not expecting. Nonetheless, I paid too much money and it's not my favorite hairdo.

Less than 24 hours old, he snuggled in my arms. A colleague's wife just had a baby and I held him in my arms. I was overcome with the reality of witnessing an enormous miracle through such a tiny body. Nonetheless, kids are in my very distant future. :)

Sending you an email about how much I miss you and gushing about why I love you just doesn't do justice. I wish I could be there with you. I want to hug you and listen to the stories you said you didn't want to talk about for fear of breaking down. Nonetheless, I'm saving up some huge hugs for when I finally get to see you.

No comments: