I´ll be joining 2 other WMF staff members. Hopefully, we´ll be able to encourage the women with our presence and free hot chocolate, being Christ´s light in Satan´s dwelling place.
Please pray for:
- My physical response: I don´t know how my body will respond to the ugliness inside and I don´t want to be physically shocked by any of it, especially when I see some of the women I´ve come to recognize and love at the lunches. Satan dwells inside the brothels. He loves oppression, lies, and darkness. Pray that I will have confidence in the Protector, Redeemer, & Father.
- My eyes: That I will see the women as Jesus sees them. That I will see the men as Jesus sees them. That the images won´t haunt my thoughts or my dreams...
- My limits: If I decide I´ve seen enough before we finish our rounds, please pray I will have the guts and humility to be honest with what I´m experiencing. Pray I´ll know when enough is enough. Pray that I won´t feel discouraged if I need to bow out early.
- My attentiveness to the Holy Spirit: If I´m prompted to approach a woman, pray I´ll have boldness to do so, and my nervous Spanish will come out coherent. If I just need to ´be´, pray I´ll just be content to observe. Pray that I´ll pray as the Holy Spirit leads.
- The LIGHT: Evidence of Jesus´ presence in these places, unmistakeable peace in the midst of the horrors...
I´ll share about my experience as soon as I get the chance. Thanks for interceding on my behalf.