Wednesday, March 10, 2010

In a nutshell:

I've been on 5 retreats in 5 months. (3 youth group retreats, 1 couples retreat, 1 women's retreat) We've started a tradition of making crepes for breakfast every Monday following a retreat weekend.

Needless to say, I treasure my weekends at home with Paul.

I now know what it means to live "paycheck to paycheck."

I'm job-hunting.

There are only 9 episodes left of LOST... ever! We spent the first 4 months of our marriage watching seasons 1-5 since I had never seen it before. That's a lot of LOST!

On Sundays, I'm on the worship team and co-teach middle school Sunday school, with the occasional mission trip meeting.
On Mondays, I make snacks for Paul's high school guys Bible study that meets at our house.
On Tuesdays, I make snacks and lead a Bible Study for high school girls, also at our house.
Wednesday is youth group and I'm a 10th grade girls small group leader.
Thursday is worship practice (if I'm singing Sunday morning)
Fridays and Saturdays are our weekends because Paul has those days off!

Dinner + (Dishes x 2) - Dishwasher = tired feet and an amazing husband who cleans up after me!

I'm enjoying weekly dinner dates with my in-laws and weekly coffee dates with my mother-in-law, which I consider an absolute JOY!

Morgan has gone from a large dog to a VERY large dog. She gained 10 pounds in 2 months and now weighs 104.

Slowly, but surely, I'm making my way through the book of Acts & "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan.

I'm addicted to the Better After blog which features do-it-yourself projects from kitchens to tables to desks and I'm inspired to visit Goodwill/Craigslist and buy some paint!

I have never before cooked with so much cilantro, and we're loving it!

I'm feeling the urge to get out my sewing machine and create something, which I haven't done in 3 years.

I am also feeling the urge to learn how to play the guitar.

Paul and I are talking about planting a garden in our backyard. We want tomatoes, carrots, green beans, lettuce, potatoes and lots of flowers like dahlias.

Our youth group is visiting the Real.Life.Exhibit. at Medical Teams International this weekend!

Our homeowner's wish list keeps growing: hardwood floors, dishwasher, increased kitchen counter space, window trim, landscaping, etc.

I am still writing thank you notes from our wedding.

Paul and I are hoping to spend an extra week in Thailand in August after our 2-week mission trip ends to celebrate our 1-year Anniversary!

TurboTax and Quicken are simplifying our finances and therefore, our life. They are fantastic.

2 comments:

Audrey Jo ...now Williamson said...

Yay for an update :) I'm so happy for you. You sound like you are in a great place-- a transitional and busy place, but a happy, safe, full place :)

Speaking of cilantro-- I have an amazing recipe I will e-mail you. Great use of cilantro and my new favorite soup.

Amanda said...

"I keep discovering how much we have in common". I've discovered quite a bit more of that in this post! Wow. As for your following post, I am praying God will open up the door for "your" job soon.