Yesterday, I watched part of "Grease" in the Rug Room, which was the 5th movie in a row that some students were watching while "studying."
I am tempted to question their study habits. But alas, I am not their mother.
The days have been very F-U-L-L.
- I've made selections for the Chile and Nigeria May mission teams and have held our first meeting. (I'm leading the Chile trip!)
- I'm trying to solve roommate conflicts and room change shuffles.
- I've worked a few days until 11:30 pm.
- I coordinated a Gingerbread House building competition between the halls and spent $100 on frosting and candy. Now I owe the winning hall some homemade goodies.
- I attended the GFU vs NCU basketball game at Fox and the familiar ache returned to me as I drove away.
- I had a very confusing meeting with my boss that has left me feeling emotional, conflicted, and confused. A giant "?" is all I see in my future.
- I'm getting ready to go to Mexico for 10 days with 7 students. (Jan. 2-10)
- I've cried... in a meeting, in chapel, on the bathroom floor. Mostly because I want to badly to say "YES" just like Mary did when the angel approached her about conceiving the Savior of the world. I just don't know exactly what that "yes" entails quite yet.
- I waitressed at the Late Night Breakfast and got to wear reindeer antlers and a green striped apron with a cupcake on it.
- I wore an ugly Christmas sweater and black stirrup leggings with red snowflakes on them.
- I didn't get a Christmas tree this year and my apartment is devoid of any festive cheer. :(
- I haven't done any Christmas shopping.
- My best friend got married.
- I'm wondering if it's really vacation if I still have to be on-call. *sigh*
Will you meet me here and put your arm around me? I want to rest more than my head on your chest; I want to rest my mind.