Monday, January 8, 2007

4,800 dollars? No problem!

I surpassed my fundraising goal of $4800! In just 2 months, the necessary funds have come in for me to go to Bolivia.

If you donated money toward my trip, THANK YOU!
If you thought about donating money, THANK YOU!
Thank you for partnering with me; you are a huge part of my ministry.
I am grateful, speechless, overwhelmed.

If you still wish to support me, I welcome prayer, e-mails, and letters (which I hope will continue once I leave the country, *hint, *hint!)

A thought provoking quote from "Let Justice Roll Down" which has comforted me in my bouts of discouragement over the last few weeks:


"Yielding to God's will can be hard. And sometimes it really hurts. But it always brings peace." - John Perkins

Amen

3 comments:

ryan said...

Great quote. Sounds like a Papa HACism.

I will be following you in prayer and cyberspace.

Unknown said...

Dang El, it so apparent that God is moving in your life and in this journey that you are about embark on. So much for wanting to support you financially! I guess you will have to settle for just my prayers.... ;)

Our (Amy and I's) hearts are with you. We look forward to supporting you in any way we can. (Perhaps you could some speding money??!) Much love and peace be with you.

Vangie said...

Yippee El! I am so excited for you to embark on this adventure. You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers as you prepare to leave. Remember we have a lovely futon that you can come up and crash on! Love you bunches and we’ll see you soon!