Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Alive

I feel alive.

My heart is being stirred and I'm being awakened in new ways.

I'm in a season of growth.  Studying "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan has me longing to be obsessed with Jesus and less obsessed with being comfortable.  I want to consume less and give more.  Instead of praying solely for protection, I want to pray for whatever will bring me closer to Jesus.  Whew.  That's a tough one to ask for and I'm hesitant to ask for it because of what it might look like.  My first thoughts evoke tragedy and heartache.

I'm also reading "Radical" by David Platt.  Two chapters in and I'm hooked.

My heart is being stirred in new ways and I feel at peace in my current community of friends.  I laughed so hard after last week's Bible study and drove home (at 11pm) with such JOY in my heart.  We tried on hand-me-downs and giggled.  A lot.  We got carried away and stayed too late; my husband was already fast asleep by the time I got home.  The next morning, I bounced (literally) into the kitchen, excitedly recounting my tales of the night before and told Paul: "Last night was so much fun.  I have friends here."

My new business with Noonday Collection is thriving.  I'm joining a movement of world-changers and trying to do my part with what I've been given.  People (friends and strangers alike) are making informed purchases while advocating for the poor and it is humbling and invigorating, to say the least.  Noonday has come to Renton, Longview, Newberg and Beaverton.  And it's coming soon to Hillsboro and Grants Pass!

I am even at peace with my health.  While it's been a frustrating 60+ days of less-than pleasant issues, I am experiencing some relief.  I'm hoping for answers following my surgery on Friday afternoon (a hysteroscope & DNC).  At the risk of sharing too much information, descriptions can be found on Web MD, but are not for the faint at heart.  I am struck by how trivial this procedure is in light of what is happening around me: friends fighting cancer (again), marriages failing, bombings in Boston, etc.  God, do what you need to so we might draw closer to you.

For me, feeling alive is doing my part to change the world: living intentionally, allowing God to shape my deepest desires, inspiring others to become world-changers.  It is also sitting at a coffee shop on a sunny, spring afternoon with music in my ears and words at my fingertips.

What makes you feel alive?

No comments: