Sunday, February 22, 2009

Campus Secret

Instructions for submitting secrets:


The secret dropbox:


A description of the Campus Secret project:



Steps for viewing the Campus Secret display:


The display in the chapel lobby:




Our campus' secrets:




"I think Jesus died for everyone else and I deserve to die and suffer in hell."


"You guys helped me not kill myself."
"I'm so ready to love, but fear is holding me back."





"I judge people who remind me of myself"











"My heart aches to be more important than your work. -daughter."


Almost every story I've told is fabricated since they weren't good enough. Now I don't know if I remember what really happened.


"I hate that the "beauty" on the outside keeps you from seeing what's REAL on the inside."





Visitors were encouraged to share their initial comments/reactions/responses on the paper provided. This is what some of them wrote:

"I'm sorry."
"We are all so much alike but so afraid to admit it."

"I just pray God uses this to heal the brokenhearted and bring freedom to this campus."


More responses:
"I don't care what you've done. I love you." "Prove it."



"Lord, please show each person both you are there and let them see they are not alone." "Hebrews 6:19 We have this HOPE as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure."


"God knew our secrets before the postcard. Don't fear His forgiveness. It is painful, but it works. I know from experience. 1 John 1:9 Romans 8:38"


"Faith. Is not just for the scared ones."


Displayed under the comment section:

The display, part 1:
The display, part 2:


Thoughts?

1 comment:

Amy Wolff said...

Wow, El. I've asked you about this so many times but reading these has brought a new level of respect for this project. Immediately I think of what circles around me could do the same thing... so powerful. Truth. Vulnerability. Love. Pain.

And Jesus gives hope (like our 'table cloth' said on Friday!)